Explore The Best Medieval Transylvanian Attractions in 2 days
Tour type: Complety private tour
Duration: 2 days, 1 night
Tour starts and ends in Bucharest.
I designed this tour so that you get dive deep in the heart of Transylvania for two days.
The Private tour from Bucharest, will give you the chance to visit Peles Castle and Dracula`s Castle, the medieval Old Town of Brasov, Viscri Traditional Village, Sighisoara Medieval Town and Rupea Fortress, all of them located in Transylvania at the foothills of Carpathians.
- Explore Brasov, one of the most beautiful Romanian medieval cities;
- Visit Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s Castle;
- Visit a fairytale-like castle hidden in the mountains, Peles Castle;
- Spend one night in heart of Transylvania;
- Visit the traditional village of Viscri;
- Walk on the cobbled streets of Sighisoara Medieval Citadel;
- Spectacular scenery of the Carpathian Mountains from the Rupea Fortress;
What you’ll do
Day 1 Bucharest- Sinaia – Bran – Brasov
The tour start ~7:30 am, when I pick you up from your accommodation in Bucharest and head towards Transylvania with stops at the most important sites along the way.
We’ll be visiting some of the most beautiful places in Romania: the royal family’s Castle in Sinaia (Peles Castle), the paramount Castle of Dracula, and then the medieval, Old Town of Brasov. Since I’m born and raised in Brasov, I provide you with a local gem only known by the locals.
From Bucharest, the first stop is after a ~2h drive, at the Peles Castle in Sinaia. There you’ll visit the castle, admire its elaborate Neo-Renaissance architecture and fill your lungs with mountain air.
We’ll then drive for ~1h, scenic mountain road, to the Dracula Castle (in the village of Bran). You’ll visit the famous castle of Dracula (Vlad Tepes king), discover the legends, as well as the history of this place.
The last stop of Day 1, will be in the medieval Old Town of Brasov. Here you can have lunch/dinner at restaurants try out Romanian traditional dishes or unwind with a coffee or wine in one of the city’s cosy café.
The accommodation after this day will be in Brasov. So, you’ll then have free time to explore the city of Brasov in the afternoon/evening. To wrap everything up, I will then drive you to some amazing places where few tourists usually make it.
Day 2 Brasov – Viscri – Sighisoara – Rupea – Bucharest
The day will start ~8:00 am, when I pick you up from your accommodation in Brasov and head northern Transylvania.
The first stop will be after ~1:30h drive, in the medieval village of Viscri, the most famous village of Transylvania totally bypassed by modern times. This is the place where Prince Charles of Great Britain fell in love with Transylvania and bought a house in 2007. In the village, you’ll get a touch of the Transylvanian countryside and you’ll also visit the fortified Church of Viscri, situated in the heart of the village.
The next stop will be after another ~1h drive, in Sighisoara, the last Medieval Citadel of Europe constantly inhabited until today and one of the most picturesque places in Romania. Sighisoara is also the place where Vlad the Impaler was born, the historical figure which inspired Bram Stoker’s fictional character, Count Dracula. There, you’ll have enough time to enjoy the medieval spirit of the town and have lunch.
The last stop of the day, will be at Rupea Fortress, one of the most imposing and well conserved medieval sites in Transylvania. From the top of the fortress, you’ll have 360 degrees view over the Transylvanian hills and mountains.
The last stint is a direct drive back to Bucharest, of about 3h, where I’ll drop you off directly at your accommodation.
This tour can be extended or reorganized, according to your wishes.
- Hotel pickup and drop-of;
- Transport by modern car with climate control;
- Non-alcoholic beverages and snacks available in the car;
- Overview of Romanian History and Culture from a local perspective;
- Countless stops for photos;
- Guide expenses and accommodation;
- Interactive participation encouraged;
- Countless stops for photos;
- Accomodation night for Brasov (the price is not included in the tour price, but if, needed, I can help you to choose your place);
- Meals (aprox. 10 €/person/meal);
- Entrance fees: Bran Castle 9€, Peles Castle 8€ (standard tour);
- 2 persons for €160 each
- 3 persons for €150 each
- 4 persons for €140 each
- 5 persons for €125 each
- 6 persons for €120 each
Due to Covid Pandemic, no advance payment is required.
You’ll pay directly on the day of the tour.